ASP.NET / VB.NET Developer
The ASP.NET/VB.NET Developer is responsible for overall product development. She/he manages day to day development activities
on targeted accounts and/or targeted areas of functionality within a team environment.
• The Customer relies on the Developer to build software and provide ongoing support so they can achieve the desired
functionality that meets their business objectives.
• The Business Analyst relies on the Developer to build software that meets specific business requirements of customers as
outlined, ensuring consistent processes through use of internal tools.
• The Company relies on the Developer to successfully follow internal coding standards and ensure development deliverables
are met on-time, on-budget, and with high quality.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop carrier, agency & consumer web applications according to specifications or business requirements.
• Ability to analyze business requirements and translate these into web design documents and technical specifications.
• Ability to work with a diverse project team, including .Net Developers, Database Developers, QA Staff, Business Analysts,
and Project Managers.
• Maintain and debug existing web modules.
• Perform unit testing of modifications and enhancements to ensure system integrity.
• Understands Insuresoft’s products, release schedules, organizational structure and business goals/objectives.
• Develops a working knowledge of product, including its configurability options and available functionality.
• Utilizes internal defect tracking software as projects are completed and on an ongoing basis as required.
• Works with minimal supervision; typically reports to a manager or a director.
• Relies on broad experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Requires a certain degree of creativity or latitude to accomplish position responsibilities.
• B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline and/or equivalent, relevant work experience.
• Microsoft Developer Certification or graduate degree is a plus!
• Experience in the following programming language(s)/operating platforms ~ ASP/ASP.Net, VB.Net, & SQL Server 2005/2008.
• Knowledge of various software development life cycle models.
• Basic knowledge of P&C insurance a plus!
• Experience working with solutions geared towards the insurance industry preferred.
• Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Documented experience programming in a Windows environment is required.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of employees both internally and externally.
• Work well in teams or as an individual.
• Ability to reason logically and provide solutions.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to deliver solutions under deadlines.
Special information regarding travel, physical requirements on call schedules, etc.
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% (national travel only).
• Work in the office environment is mostly sedentary.
• Availability to be ‘on call’ or work after hours on occasion, as required by the customer.